Hosted by Holly Area Schools at:
Cherry Hill Lanes North
6697 Dixie Hwy – Clarkston 48346
|When:||Saturday, January 19th, 2013 (Boys)|
|Entries Due:||January 11th, 2013 3:00pm|
|Mail Entries to:||Deb VanKuiken, CMAA, Director of Athletics
Holly High School
6161 E. Holly Road
Holly, MI 48442
|Tournament Committee:||Fred Walz, Boys Varsity Coach, Holly Area Schools
Deb VanKuiken, CMAA, Director of Athletics, Holly High School
|Rules:||1. MHSAA rules and regulations will govern this tournament.
2. This event is open to all Oakland County high schools who have a varsity
team in high school competition.
3. Only registered bowlers may bowl. Active team is five bowlers plus three
alternates (8 total) as listed on the entry form.
4. Bowlers may only compete for their school as listed and verified on the entry
5. Only official, registered bowler names may be used on scoring line-up
6. All teams shall bowl scratch (no handicap).
7. Each school may enter one boy and one girl team. A full fee is charged for
8. Team entry fees paid to OCADA.
9. All coaches (or designated coaches) will be required to sign score sheets.
Errors in scoring must be reported to the tournament director immediately.
Any changes in scoring can only be made by the tournament management.
10. Teams will check in the tournament office when all members of the team are
in the bowling center. Bowlers should report not less than one hour before
11. Bowlers should bring their own equipment, especially shoes if possible
12. All equipment used in the tournament must meet USBC specifications.
Illegal equipment will constitute a forfeit and scores for that event shall be
13. Only registered bowling team members will be allowed in the immediate
14. One division for boys and one division for girls.
15. Three regular games and four Baker games to qualify. Substitutions will be
allowed per MHSAA rules.
Lanes are pre-assigned by the tournament committee prior to check-in
|Admission:||$5 for everyone. No charge for bowlers and coaches|
|Note:||******No food or drink may be brought into the Bowling Center*****|
Practice session (10 minutes)
Three regular games and four Baker games across 10 lanes. Even number lane assignments move one pair to the right. Odd number lane assignments move one pair to the left. One lane courtesy will be observed
30 minute meal break after qualifier
1:30 p.m. (approx)
10 minute practice session
Seeded competition begins (NCAA match-up format – top seed vs. bottom seed, etc.)
Head to head baker matches, with total pins for the 2 games advancing until field is reduced to final four.
Winners of next two matches roll-off to decide first and second places
Losers roll-off to decide third and fourth place
Immediately following final roll-off
***WILL BE ENFORCED***
|Per MHSAA guidelines, players and coaches are to be dressed in similar uniforms. Slacks and a collared shirt are required. NO blue jeans, cutoffs, sweatpants, tee shirts will be allowed. Bowlers violating these rules cannot compete.|
|Tardy Bowlers:||Bowling shall begin in accordance with a previously arranged schedule unless the tournament manager authorizes a delay. Any player or team arriving late shall begin play with the score counting beginning with the frame and game then being bowled. All frames missed will be assessed zero points.|
|Disputes:||Any disputes during the tournament or exceptions to the rules and regulations will be resolved at the discretion of the tournament manager and/or the tournament committee.|
|Fred Walz, Holly Boys Varsity Coach, 313-319-8360|
Official Entry Form
|Return Entries to:||Deb VanKuiken, CMAA, Director of Athletics
Holly Area Schools
6161 E. Holly Road
Holly, Michigan 48442