Saturday, January 21, 2012 – Fairlanes Bowl – 29600 Stephenson Hwy. Madison Heights
Format for the Oakland County Team/Singles Championship
January 21, 2012
Registration at 8:30am
Bowling Starts at 9:30am
1. This event is for high school girls varsity bowling teams located in Oakland County.
2. This Event will be three regular games and four Baker games to qualify. Substitutions will be allowed per MHSAA rules.
3. Lane assignments will be pre-assigned by the Tournament Committee prior to check-in.
4. Doors open at 8:15 a.m. At. 9:30 a.m. a 15 minute practice session will begin.
5. Teams will then bowl 3 regular games and 4 alternating Baker games (bowlers will follow lane arrows) across 10 lanes. Even number lane assignments will move one pair to the right. Odd number lane
assignments will move one pair to the left. One lane courtesy should be observed during competition.
6. There will be a 30 minute break after the qualifier. No outside food or beverage will be allowed into the bowling center. Food will be available for purchase.
7. After the meal break, singles awards will be presented. Awards to the top 10 girls high series. Then, a 10 minute practice session will begin for team competition. Field will have been cut to the top 16teams or appropriate number based on entries.
8. The competition will then be seeded in matches utilizing the NCAA match-up format (#1 vs #16, etc).
9. Next, the athletes will bowl head-to-head Baker matches. Two game total pin fall will determine who advances until the field is reduced to the final four. In case of a tie, there will be a one-game Baker roll-off.
10. Winners of the next two matches will roll-off to decide first and second place.
11. Losers of the next two matches will roll-off to decide third and fourth place.
12. Awards presentation immediately following. Awards will be given to the top four teams.
Rules & Regulations
1. MHSAA rules of eligibility and USBC rules will guide this tournament.
2. This event is open to all current high schools who have a Varsity Team in High School competition.
3. Only registered bowlers may bowl. Active team is 5 bowlers plus 3 alternates (8 total) as listed on the entry form.
4. Bowlers may compete for their school as listed and verified on the entry form.
5. Only official registered bowler names may be used on scoring line-up.
6. All teams shall bowl scratch (no handicap).
7. Each school may enter one girls team. Bowlers may only bowl for their school.
8. All entry fees will be paid by OCADA. No refunds will be issued.
9. All coaches (or designated coaches) will be required to sign score sheets. Errors in scoring must be reported to the Tournament Director immediately. Any changes in scoring can only be made by the tournament management.
10. Teams will check in with the tournament office when ALL members of the team are in the bowling center. Bowlers should report not less than 1 hour before squad time.
11. Bowlers should bring their own equipment, especially shoes, if possible.
12. All equipment used in the tournament must meet USBC specifications. Illegal equipment will constitute a forfeit and scores for that event will be disallowed.
13. Bowling Attire: All bowlers should be dressed alike in shirts and the same color pants (Team Uniforms). School shirts must reflect the name of the school and/or the school logo or mascot.
14. Only the registered bowling team members will be allowed in the immediate bowling area.
15. Bowlers are required to have positive identification on them at all times. Bowlers will be required to show their I.D. cards when checking in. Bowlers checking in without identification will not be allowed to bowl.
16. Tardy bowlers: Bowling shall begin in accordance with a previously arranged schedule, unless the tournament manager authorized a delay. Any player or team arriving late shall begin play with the score counting beginning with the frame and game then being bowled. All frames missed will be assessed zero points.
17. No tobacco products, drinking of alcoholic beverages or unsportsmanlike conduct will be permitted while participating in the event. Outside food or drinks are NOT allowed to be brought into the center. Bowlers will not be permitted the use of amusement games or pool tables during his/her competition.
18. Any disputes during the tournament or exceptions to the above rules and regulations will be resolved at the discretion of the tournament manager and/or the tournament committee.